One of the features in the upcoming "XCOM: Enemy Unknown" game will be the new XCOM HQ which has been described as 'the ant-farm'.
Features[edit | edit source]
The list below is based on unofficial sources:
- 7x4 Grid for expansions.
- Bonus to facilities depending on base layout.
- Power management as a limited base resource.
- Armory, soldier weapons, armour and equipment.
- Alien Containment.
- Barracks, hire soldiers, view status.
- Officer Training School, global perk unlocks for squad.
- Mission Control
- Situation Room, funding council management.
- Engineering, weapons, armour & equipment manufacturing.
- Workshop, boost Engineering, resource boost.
- Foundry, big manufacturing projects.
- Science Lab, research centre.
- Laboratories, boost Science Lab.
- Thermal Power Generator, bonus power station.
- Generates large amount of power.
- Must be built over steam vents.
- Will supply 1 additional power to adjacent facilities.
- Power Generator
- Satellite Uplink
- Satellite Nexus
Base facilities[edit | edit source]
Mission Control[edit | edit source]
Mission Control is where missions are chosen and controlled. The Geoscape permits the player to advance game time forward, choose their missions, access global Satellite information, and track their aircraft.
Hangar[edit | edit source]
The hangar is where troop transports known as Skyrangers and the smaller Interceptors are kept. Vehicles can be repaired and equipped with newer weapons before being deployed on missions around the globe.
Barracks[edit | edit source]
The barracks is where the troops (up to 99 soldiers) are housed and where squads are chosen and the individual members customized and equipped for missions. It is where new Rookies are recruited, and is also the location of the Officer Training School, Psi Lab and the Memorial to fallen troopers.
Science Lab[edit | edit source]
Engineering[edit | edit source]
Situation Room[edit | edit source]
The Situation Room is where information regarding funding and panic levels can be found. It is also where all financial transactions, such as selling technological advances on the Gray Market are made.
Armory[edit | edit source]
The Armory is where squad members are equipped with armor, weapons and other equipment.
Infirmary[edit | edit source]
The Infirmary is where injured squad members recover from their battle injuries.