One of the features in the upcoming "XCOM: Enemy Unknown" game will be the new XCOM HQ which has been described as 'the ant-farm'.
The list below is based on unofficial sources:
- 7x4 Grid for expansions.
- Bonus to facilities depending on base layout.
- Power management as a limited base resource.
- Armory, soldier weapons, armour and equipment.
- Alien Containment.
- Barracks, hire soldiers, view status.
- Officer Training School, global perk unlocks for squad.
- Mission Control
- Situation Room, funding council management.
- Engineering, weapons, armour & equipment manufacturing.
- Workshop, boost Engineering, resource boost.
- Foundry, big manufacturing projects.
- Science Lab, research centre.
- Laboratories, boost Science Lab.
- Thermal Power Generator, bonus power station.
- Generates large amount of power.
- Must be built over steam vents.
- Will supply 1 additional power to adjacent facilities.
- Power Generator
- Satellite Uplink
- Satellite Nexus
Mission Control is where missions are chosen and controlled. The Geoscape permits the player to advance game time forward, choose their missions, access global Satellite information, and track their aircraft.
The hangar is where troop transports known as Skyrangers and the smaller Interceptors are kept. Vehicles can be repaired and equipped with newer weapons before being deployed on missions around the globe.
The barracks is where the troops (up to 99 soldiers) are housed and where squads are chosen and the individual members customized and equipped for missions. It is where new Rookies are recruited, and is also the location of the Officer Training School, Psi Lab and the Memorial to fallen troopers.
The Situation Room is where information regarding funding and panic levels can be found. It is also where all financial transactions, such as selling technological advances on the Gray Market are made.
The Armory is where squad members are equipped with armor, weapons and other equipment.
The Infirmary is where injured squad members recover from their battle injuries.